Beginner Tips and Tricks (and other information) - Hollow Knight | Random Respawn
Calebyte here to bring you some tips for starting out in Hollow Knight. I highly recommend this game to any MetroidVania fans out there!
Text version on reddit:
Please like and subscribe to our channel if you enjoyed what you watched. If you didn't... please do it anyway. Check out our weekly gaming podcast on iTunes, you know, if you're into that kind of thing. And follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook.
All the Savvy Social Shenanigans
GAME BY: (Team Cherry [
OUTRO MUSIC: 8-bit Win by HeatleyBros via AudioMicro.com Standard License (
Hollow Knight ► 9 Things You STILL Don't Know
Even after the Hidden Dreams DLC release, there are STILL secrets, easter eggs, and shortcuts we haven't found. Even though we've had months to do so! We've picked up on 9 secret things you probably weren't aware of in Hollow Knight. Let's get started!
MUSIC: Hollow Knight Soundtrack - Christopher Larkin
FOOTAGE: Mostly captured by myself, but also borrowed from these channels. Please support them and check them out.
Hold To Reset -
Thanks for over 85,000 subscribers!
Hollow Knight- Top 10 Rarest Achievements According to Steam
There are a total of 63 achievements in all of Hollow Knight. In this video I am going to go over the top 10 achievements that most players missed or are not able to get.
This list is based off of Steam and not garbing info from all platforms.
For a full list of achievements Check out the Hollow Knight Wiki:
3.8% Focus- Complete the Pantheon of the Sage
2.9% Neglect- Leave Zote to die
2.7% Soul & Shade- Complete the Pantheon of the Knight
1.8% Speedrun 1- Complete the game in under 10 hours
1.7% Speed Completion- Achieve 100% game completion and finish the game in under 20 hours
1.7% Pure Completion- Achieve 112% game completion and finish the game.
1.4% Steel Soul- Finish the game in Steel Soul mode
1.4% Speedrun 2- Complete the game in under 5 hours
1.3% Embrace the Void- Complete the Pantheon of Hallownest
(I still cant do this)
1.1% Steel Heart- Achieve 100% game completion and finish the game in Steel Soul mode
Were you surprised by the order of the list at all?? let me know.
Become a member to get custom badges and emotes, early access to videos, monthly behind the scenes vlog and private discord access:
If you buy games off the Epic Game Store my creator tag is: Relyea
You can also follow me:
Switch Friend Code: 5344-4038-5422
HOLLOW KNIGHT GUIDE [Steel Soul Mode] - Top 5 Charm Builds
Hollow Knight guides, trivia, and secrets all compacted into one nice video! I just beat steel soul mode a couple days ago, and I thought I'd share some of my advice on how to conquer it yourself, including some of the charm builds I had the most luck with.
Top 10 Worst Enemies in Hollow Knight
There are a lot of enemies in Hollow Knight and some are more annoying than other. This is a list of enemies that were the most annoying or tough for me.
Let me know down in the comments below what enemies you would remove from the list and what you would add
My alternate list is:
2. Primal Aspid
3. Primal Aspid
4. Primal Aspid
5. Primal Aspid
6. Primal Aspid
7. Primal Aspid
8. Primal Aspid
9. Primal Aspid
10. Primal Aspid
If you buy anything on Amazon and want to support the channel, bookmark my affiliate link below and use it before buying. It costs you nothing and gives me a small commission. If my videos have helped you at all, I would really appreciate it:
On a similar note if you buy games off the Epic Game Store my creator tag is: Relyea
You can also follow me:
Switch Friend Code: 5344-4038-5422
Hollow Knight - 5 Hour Speedrunning Achievement Guide (Any%)
Steam Guide: (use the maps while doing the run)
Full Video Walkthrough (by emray):
10 Beginner Tips for Playing Hollow Knight
GamerTag [PS4]: vexes3
The Millennium Gamer Lists the 10 Beginner Tips for Playing Hollow Knight.
Subscribe to my Channel! ►
Click Here to Order Hollow Knight [PS4]:
15 Weird Tips for Hollow Knight Noobs
Minor gameplay spoilers, but I tried to make this one as spoiler-friendly as possible. With Siksong on the way, Hollow Knight is going to be getting massive wave of new players along with it. So consider this video a quick guide of some of the most obscure, mechanically practical features I've found to help me out in Hollow Knight.
MUSIC: Epidemic Sound
►ES_They Do Exist
►ES_The Norman Kings
All footage was either captured by me or taken from official gameplay or reveal trailer from Team Cherry.
Written, Voiced & Edited by Rusty of TGN. Yes, that Rusty.
Hollow Knight Discord:
How to Play : Hollow Knight | a Beginner's Guide
Hollow Knight has been widely considered as THE 2D Dark Souls game, and while a lot of games have coined that name, such as Salt and Sanctuary, Blasphemous, Dead Cells. Hollow Knight has always been known as the first of its kind. It can be quite a difficult game to understand, and it could be too confusing to new players to the souls borne and Metroidvania genre.
And so; to help you guys, and for those who are planning to try this game for yourselves; I made this video. The rules, the guidelines, the tips and tricks, or simply, the dos, and don’ts, This is How to Play Hollow Knight - Beginner’s Guide.
0:00 - Introduction
1:12 - dBasics
1:44 - Story
2:12 - Controls
2:40 - User Interface
3:40 - The World
4:44 - Charms and Levelling
5:34 - Exploration
6:08 - NPCs
6:40 - Map
7:30 - Secrets
7:57 - Bosses
8:54 - Upgrades
9:10 - Tips and Tricks
14:01 - Outro
????About the Game:
Hollow Knight is a Metroidvania video game developed and published by Team Cherry. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, macOS, and Linux in 2017, and for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in 2018. Development was partially funded through a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign, raising over A$57,000 by the end of 2014.
The game tells the story of a bug Knight on a quest to uncover the secrets of the long-abandoned insect kingdom of Hallownest, whose haunting depths draw in the adventurous and brave with promises of treasures and answers to ancient mysteries. The bug knight needs to find and fight bosses to progress through the game, many bosses do so by granting the player new abilities so they can access areas that were unavailable to them before.
???? Like and Subscribe!:
????Watch my Most Recent Videos:
BUY THE GAME:
Item and NPC Locations:
???? Join My Discord :
????Watch me on Twitch :
????Follow me on Twitter :
????Follow me on Instagram :
????Follow me on Facebook :
#HollowKnight #BeginnersGuide #TipsandTricks
Hollow Knight ► 5 ADVANCED Combat Tips
Hollow Knight is free this November if you have a PS Plus membership, and since we're over halfway through the month and most people who've picked up I'm assuming have completed their first run, let's go through some more advanced combat tips, movement tricks, and other things the average player might want to improve on.
This footage does have MAJOR gameplay spoilers, and I've put this in the actual video itself as well. Please do not watch until you've completed the game in its entirety.
MUSIC USED ► Official Hollow Knight Soundtrack by Christopher Larkin
Join The Forge here!!!
►►► -- -- ◄◄◄
Follow me on that weird bird site:
The Best of Superforge -
Hollow Knight -
Thank you for your time...
...and for 250k subs, jesus christ.
Beginner's Guide to Hollow Knight
If you are just starting Hollow Knight and do not understand what is going on, this guide is for you. This video will walk you through how to play the game and make your playthrough much easier.
The Hollow Knight tutorial is simplistic and elegant in the way they explain almost nothing. It is up to the player to figure out how things work. If you have not played a metroidvania in a while or something is not clicking it could make the game VERY frustrating. This guide is to make life easier for new players so they can get back to exploring Hollow Knight.
What do we go over in this beginners guide?
- Benches: they heal you and respawn all enemies that are not in your current room
- Maps: Cornifer sells you mpas. They are not useful until you buy the quill from the map shop back in Dirtmouth.
- Geo: The currency of Hollow Knight. When you defeat enemies, you get fossilized shells which can be used to buy items.
- Wayward Compass Charm: Will show location on map
- Dead ends: Many areas early on require an ability to reach. make a mental note and come back later
- Soul: It is like mana. Hit an enemy with a nail to gain soul. Use soul to heal or cast a spell (once you unlock spells)
- Mask Shard: Hidden shards will increase your HP or amount of damage you can take only after you find 4 shards.
- Stag stations: Usually charge Geo and almost always come with a bench. They allow for fast travel
- Grubs: Green bugs in jars need to be freed. The grubfather will reward you with TONS of geo and items in exchange.
- Shiny items: Pick them up
Spells: Cost soul to use but more powerful than nail attacks
Charms: Can only be equipped while sitting at benches and will enhance your play style. charms require charm notches to equip. You can acquire new charm notches later.
Upgrade Nail Damage: Once you make it to the City of tears go left to find the Nail Smth
When you die: Your shade soul will be left in the place where you die. You lose all your geo and 1/3rd of your soul tank is broken. Once you get your shade back, you get your geo and soul meter back.... unless you die twice, then you get NO GEO!
Purple Mushrooms- you can super bounce off of them if you down attack
Spikes- You can down attack spikes and enemies to pogo off of them
You can also follow me:
Switch Friend Code: 5344-4038-5422
Tips and Tricks - 5 Tips for Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition
Hey Xbox Gamers, in this 2D, Metroidvania game, you play as a tiny knight who stumbles upon the long-forgotten village of Dirtmouth, where your hero quickly finds there’s more to this place than meets the eye. Just below the surface is the forgotten kingdom of insects – aka Hallownest. Hallownest was once a prosperous kingdom, but it now lay in ruin, and all who venture below are said to lose their senses or be driven mad. It’s up to you to discover what has happened to this crumbling kingdom, and here are 5 tips to get you get started with Hollow Knight.
For even more strategies and tactics on today's hottest games, plus plenty of other gaming-related fun,
Be sure to watch Tips and Tricks live on Mixer, Every Tuesday at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern
Hollow Knight - Tips For Beginners
Are you wondering how to play hollow knight?! Look no further because these tips for beginners are a must know when playing this game! This beginners guide will make it much easier for you to play the game when first starting out!
Please be sure to leave a like, comment and subscribe if you enjoyed the video!
Secret Abilities , All 10 Hollow knight abilities location on map
An Early/Mid Game Hollow Knight Charm Setup Guide with Moderate Sarcasm
mmmhmm long nail go wooooosh
like and sub for good luck for 20 seconds
watch me live:
follow my twitter:
Early game charm setups: 1:00
The Beginner - on the road: 1:12
The Beginner - for fights: 2:02
The LONG BOI: 2:39
The Krispy: 3:02
Midgame charm setups: 3:22
I'm beginning to feel like a nail god: 3:34
The spell caster: 4:05
The Panzer: 4:43
Tips and Tricks for Beginners on Hollow Knight
I recently completed my first play-through of this game. (yes this game is a ton of fun so onto additional play-throughs now) I found myself wandering around as there really is no tutorial besides the basic learning to jump or swing your nail. Here are 10 tips and tricks to help you out in the beginning of the game to help you find your way under Dirtmouth. Hope you enjoy!
Want to get the game on PC? Use this link to help the channel out!
GAME BY: (Team Cherry [
Connect via Social
Looking for a good gaming and tech news community? Want to get to know more about new games coming out? Maybe you just want to be a part of an awesome place to grow with friends. Come join the GAU Community on Social Media!
GAU: Gamers Among Us Youtube Channel:
Also I am partnered with Humble bundle. Check it out, I love this site. I have been using it for a long time and have had the Humble Monthly Bundle since it started. It is well worth it. Check the link out to help the channel out!
How to Win Trial of the Fool with Only 10 Notches (Hollow Knight Detailed Guide)
First Hollow Knight video on this channel, let's see how this works out. (This is an amazing game!)
Team Cherry Official Website : teamcherry.com
Christopher Larkin's Website : christopherlarkin.bandcamp.com
Team Cherry's Channel : youtube.com/user/teamcherrygames
Christopher Larkin's Channel : bit.ly/2txYNFd
Used Soundtrack : The sountracks were created by Christopher Larkin, and any credit goes to him
'Enter the Hallow Nest' & 'Dung Defender'
Hollow Knight Speedrun Finished In Under 34 Minutes (by fireb0rn)
Watch fireb0rn speedrun Hollow Knght: Any% No Major Glitches, netting themselves an impressive time of 33 minutes and 41seconds.
Note: Hosting of this video was allowed by its original owner.
More from fireb0rn here:
Subscribe to IGN for more!
Watch more on IGN here!
Hollow Knight Steel Soul in a nutshell
My favorite game of all time.
Music : All Star - Smash Mouth
Sealed Vessel - Hollow Knight Official Soundtrack
Top 10 Best Views in Hollow Knight
Hollow Knight has a ton of beautiful views and locations. In this video I wanted to go over my top 10 best views in the game. More than likely my list will not match up perfectly with yours. Let me know in the comments what are your top 10 locations in Hollow Knight.
10. The Fungal Core- It is an interesting place with all the overgrown mushrooms and being able to bounce off all the purple shrooms makes this place fun and different. I thought it looked cool and deserved to be on the list.
9. Deepnest- Specifically where we find the dream warrior. This area stand out compared to the total darkness that is the rest of Deepnest as there are mushrooms that light up in the dark. It is a safe and interesting area even if it is only one room.
8. The Queen's Gardens- The lush overgrown garden is beautiful with all the fines and colorful flowers that are all over the place. I like the music and look of the area. It is just fun to think of the queen tending to her garden and it has now taken over.
7. Kingdom's Edge- Once you live the city, Kingdom's edge it a vast open deep area is that fun to explore. What I once thought was ash (which is actually molt from the pale king's cast off Wyrm body) is raining down through the open area. There are also bodies from warriors who lost in the trial of the fool who are tossed aside into the acid. I love how the area is bleak but draws you in begging to be explored in all directions.
6. Greenpath- The first time you enter Greenpath it is like a breath of fresh air. You go from the super rocky and barren area that is the Forgotten Crossroads and make your way into the green lush area. All of the plants and scenery is so inviting while the acid and enemies present this air of danger at all times. Once you make your way over to the first bench you are greeted with this amazing scene of vines, waterfalls, lush greenery and it all just pops. This is one of my favorite benches in the game.
5. The City of Tears- This is a favorite for many reasons. The whole city stands out in stark contrast to the rest of the game. Everywhere else in Hollownest is either overgrown or barren wilderness. The city is an intricate and super detailed space that looks and sounds beautiful. The city is vast and fun to explore. It is constantly raining on the outside and the buildings remind us of a better time.
4. Isma's Grove- This area comes unexpected in the Royal Waterways. The over saturated green colors with beautiful plants is just stunning. Especially after the deep dark thin tunnels that the player had to get through. It is clear that this area was made special and was amazing to find.
3. The Blue Lake- This one may be controversial based on the community poll that was done a week before this video was posted. 65% of people voted Blue Lake as their favorite location in all of Hollow Knight. I believe that it is amazing and it is really hard to order the top 3. I love the lore in the area and how the lake is was causes the City of Tears to always be raining. Plus this is the last place we get to see Quirrel.
2. Crystal Peak- From the first time I ever saw Crystal Peak I was drawn in. I loved the way the pink colors popped. Again this was a very nice contract to the Forgotten Crossroads. After getting the Crystal Heart ability the large open chasms that you must fly over are simply jaw dropping. At this point I knew I was getting into a really awesome game.
1. Jonie's Repose- I did not find this area until much later in my playthrough. I thought I had seen all the most beautiful areas in the game. Deep in the Howling Cliffs there is a path what leads you to a cave that is FILLED with these beautiful bright blue butterflies. The whole room is swarming with them and I believe it is the bright colors that really draws me in.
So let me know, what are your top 10 favorite views in the game? Afterwards I realized that I should have added Lake of Unn as that is another really peaceful and beautiful area. Do you think I missed anything else?